Thursday, January 28, 2016

Washi Tape Inspiration by Kristin Greenwood

Design Team member Kristin Greenwood is featuring our January Creative Kit today with several fun ways to use washi tape!

--------------------

I am going to share a few ways I used the washi tape in my Creative kit layouts!

On this layout, I used the washi tape as my background!  Very easy and fun to do!  I just chose a variety of colors and patterns!  I made them all different lengths and tore the tape!

This layout I used the washi tape two ways.  First I used it for extra layers (below the photo).  The second way, I used it to create the shaker box.  The shaker box is made from the package the die cuts came in, I just cut the package down (to remove all the words), filled it with sequins (from my stash) and sealed it with washi tape!


For these two layouts, I wanted the washi tape to have a bolder look.  So I placed it on white cardstock before adhering it to my layouts.  It really makes it pop!

Another layout that I used the washi tape to create my background!  I used a two inch strip of scrap paper to make the spacing even, also when you place the washi tape vertically like I did, the 12 inch strip is not quite long enough, so I just cut it in the middle since I knew my cluster would hide it!

I hope you guys have as much fun with your washi tape as I did!

--------------------

Here's our January Creative Kit:

For full descriptions of our kits, subscription information, and more, visit our website at MyCreativeScrapbook.com

No comments: