Monday, June 22, 2015

How to Create Patterned Paper Feathers by Tracy McLennon

Design Team member Tracy McLennon is featuring our June Main Kit today with a tutorial for making patterned paper embellishments!

--------------------

Today I thought I would share a little something different that you can create with any patterned paper. We've all made flowers, punched out hearts and stars. But how about something with a little dimension and texture, feathers!


Creating these feathers is WAY easier than you may think. Here is a visual of each step:


First, I just hand cut something that resembles the shape of a feather with scissors.

Second, I created a fold up the middle of the feather. To bring out that fold I inked it and inked the edges of the feather while I was at it. This middle line gives you a guide for the next step.

Third, You take your scissors again and create the texture. Just snip your way down the feather at a slight angle. Just take your time.


I then just “fluffed” the edge of the feather to create even more dimension. Once it was “fluffed” I re-inked the edges to bring out the cuts that you have made.


Mix patterns and colours to create a great spray of feathers. I told you it would be easy! Thanks for stopping by!

--------------------

Please visit our Design Team Gallery to view more of Tracy’s beautiful work.

Here's the Main Kit:


For full descriptions of our kits, subscription information, and more, visit our website at MyCreativeScrapbook.com

No comments: