Friday, May 15, 2015

How to Create a Rainbow Style Background by Christine Meyer

Christine Meyer is featuring our May Creative Kit today with a colorful tutorial!

--------------------

The colors in this month's Creative Kit are just so vibrant and playful - I focused a lot of my projects around playing with the colors.  Christine joining you today and for today's tutorial I am going to show you how I created this rainbow style layout.


The first step was to trim a piece of each color patterned paper.  I did 9 X 1 3/4 so it would be close to a square in the center.  I then layered those on a piece of cardstock and cut it out.  Then I had one big piece instead of trying to keep things straight and even on my own!

Next I added my matted 4 X 6 picture and some stickers to the top left corner. Hello Sunshine serves as a title and is enhanced by the sunshine and cloud stickers beneath it.

I then placed stickers below the photo in the opposite corner and added "Beautiful Spring" as a subtitle.

Using a 1 1/2 inch circle punch, I punched a ton of these circles - you'll need 7 on each side.

Start lining the border of the rainbow area with these, tucking each circle about half way under.  This will create a scallop like border.  Add foam adhesive pieces under the part sticking out to make them pop up and add some extra dimension.

Add journaling/doodling and any finishing touch stickers, brads, and chipboard to finish the whole thing off.

Hope you are enjoying a beautiful spring day!

--------------------

Please visit our Design Team Gallery to view more of Christine’s beautiful work.

Here's the May Creative Kit:

For full descriptions of our kits, subscription information, and more, visit our website at MyCreativeScrapbook.com

2 comments:

Mycreativescrapbook said...

excellent work on this tutorial

thank you

Mycreativescrapbook said...

Love this excellent work