Thursday, April 16, 2015

Scrap Space Tour by Christine Meyer

Christine Meyer is taking us on a tour of her awesome scrap space today!

--------------------

It's always fun to take a peek into someone else's scrapbooking space, so today I thought I would share mine with you!  I recently got to redo my scrapbooking studio because my old one had some flooding issues. 

My room is very functional for me - all my design team products have specific homes as do products from my favorite companies.  I am a big time purger - so if it isn't being used I get rid of it. I try very hard to keep things organized because I think it makes me much more efficient and creative!   It's not fancy and is almost entirely made up of pieces from yard sales - but here it is - my scrapbooking studio :)


Throughout the room I have different altered pieces that I have made - ones that haven't found a home elsewhere yet and help to make the room my own.  This first shelf holds my Thickers container up top and next to it is a crate where I store 12 X 12 sticker sheets and papers from miscellaneous companies.  The second shelf is all my punches.  I don't have a lot, I only keep what I use regularly.  The next shelf is storage for design team goodies.
The bottom shelf is class supplies and cards that I have made and extra cards.

This shelf just got reorganized!  Up top I have all my 12 X 12 paper pads and smaller paper pads.  The two shelves with bins are now filled up with different supplies from like extra adhesive, ribbons, fibers, and more.  The bottom is mostly containers of ribbon - that is an area that I need to do some more purging!  

This little dresser holds design team goodies! I try hard to keep those all organized so I won't mix up which company they came from. 

I've always wanted a display wall and this time I made one.  The lower level is made up of my favorite cards and some published cards.

The top level is some of my favorite layouts.

I no longer had a use for a changing table for my kids so I moved it into my room!  The top is used for my Cinch machine and my Cuttlebug.  It works great as a stable surface for both of those machines.  The bottom is just general storage.

This is one of the ways I organize my stickers - keeping them hung up on a pegboard makes it so that I always see what I have.  I try hard to keep the original packaging so that I can keep them hung up until they are nearly gone.

This storage rack is the best thing I have ever found at a yard sale - I got it for $10!!!  I use it for drawers for some of my favorite companies products - each one gets a drawer so I can keep them all together.  The bottom and biggest drawer is just scraps.  Above it I have two racks - one is full of cups with miscellaneous storage (dies, punches, etc) and the second is all templates.

I also store my washi tape up there on what was intended to be a dish drying rack.
  
This is my desk - more cups on racks full of miscellaneous embellishments and tools are hung above it.  I have a lazy susan where I keep my most used adhesives and tools.  I also have a tray with 8 1/2 X 11 papers and a another shelf for pictures.  The drawers on my desk are also reserved for design team product. As my teams change so do the drawers.

I haven't found a better solution for my wood veneer pieces so I keep them here in an old tupperware container.

On top of this dresser I keep all my mists and drawers with little miscellaneous embellishments. 

The biggest change that came with this room was adding in an extra table.  This has been great because it gives me multiple areas to work and I can bounce between projects.  It also makes it so there is plenty of room for someone else to join me!

Underneath the table I keep my cardstock, another scrap basket, and a rolling cart that has stuff my daughter is allowed to use in it.

Lastly I'll show my Raskog which my hubby got me for my birthday last year.  I love this thing!  It looks like a mess but each little compartment is home to little things that I needed to organize - from chipboard pieces, to silhouette cuts, to rub-ons.  It has made me use all those little details way more!

I hope you've enjoyed this quick little visit to my scrapbooking studio!  

--------------------

Please visit our Design Team Gallery to view Christine’s beautiful work.

For full descriptions of our kits, subscription information, and more, visit our website at MyCreativeScrapbook.com

2 comments:

Mycreativescrapbook said...

Love your space , thanks for sharing

Andie said...

I love how you display your projects :-)