Thursday, December 18, 2014

3 Cards Using 1 Layout Sketch by Nicole Doiron

Nicole Doiron is featuring our December Main Kit today with a trio of cards inspired by our My Creative Sketches December sketch!

--------------------

I am happy to join you today to show you just how great and versatile
scrapbooking sketches can be!

If you subscribe to My Creative Scrapbook, 
you are probably familiar with the beautiful sketch challenges from My Creative Sketches.

Here is this month's sketch:

Even though the My Creative Sketches are primarily designed for scrapbooking pages, they can also be used as inspiration for other scrapbooking projects like cards.

Let me show you how I used this one single page sketch to create 3 unique cards with the December Main kit.

For card #1, I decided to flip the sketch around...


and started layering my pattern paper in the same designs as the sketch.


I substituted the picture spots with another piece of pattern paper and added ribbon as the vertical strip.


I replaced the heart with some flowers and added the sentiment in place of the title.


For card #2, I rotated the sketch anti-clockwise.


I started off with adding a large flag piece with the polka dot paper.


The December Main kit comes with so many beautiful tags to fussy cut 
so I used 2 of them in place of the picture spots.


Then it was time to add the embellishments like ribbon bows on the tags,
 the chipboard sentimentand beautiful flair.


Card #3 was based on the sketch in its original position.


I added a layer of pattern paper and then some embossed cardstock over it, tied in a sheer ribbon bow.

 

Inspired by the banner on the sketch, I added the chipboard flags with a strip of scalloped sticker border.
I then used another chipboard piece in place of the title.


I slipped a mini tag behind the cardstock, added some flowers and more chipboard pieces.


Then, I wanted to soften up my cards by adding my signature style of white acrylic paint dabs over each of them, using paint and a Martha Stewart sponge dabber. Any makeup sponge will also do.


 



And here are my 3 finished cards, all based on the December sketch!





I'm hoping that you'll play along with this month's sketch challenge
and save the sketch for inspiration to create other projects!

--------------------

Visit our Design Team Gallery to see more of Nicole's beautiful work.

Here's the December Main Kit:

For full descriptions of our kits, subscription information, and more, visit our website at MyCreativeScrapbook.com

2 comments:

MarciaD said...

I adore your work. You are awesome!

Mycreativescrapbook said...

So Beautiful, excellent work