Thursday, November 20, 2014

Anatomy of a Layout by Izzy Anderson

Izzy Anderson is up today with a walk-through of her design process for this darling layout made with our November Creative Kit!

--------------------

Hi everyone. Today, I have a tutorial to share on how I used the November Creative kit to make a Fall layout. 



The kit featured the versatile Home + Made collection from Pebbles Inc. While the collection isn't specifically Autumn-themed, the colors and icons worked perfectly for my photo of the kids at our local pumpkin farm. 



I started the layout my piecing together the background on white cardstock, then I stitched the whole background onto a 12 x 12 sheet of kraft paper. 


The mask in the kit was perfect for creating a journaling spot. 


The kit included some cute script word stickers. I used the sticker that said "friends," inking it to make it pop against the background paper. 



I loved the sheet of Crate Memo paper in the kit and cut apart several elements from that sheet, including the arrows. It was perfect for adding little touches to complete the layout. 



I cut the phrase "Life Captured" from the Crate sheet as well. Here's another look at the completed layout.



Thanks so much for stopping by! 

--------------------

You can see more of Izzy's beautiful work in our Design Team Gallery!

Here's the November Creative Kit:

We invite you to join us and experience the possibilities that our coordinated monthly kits offer. To purchase a kit, please visit our website, here.

1 comment:

Mycreativescrapbook said...

What a great tutorial, that you for sharing your process

Love your page