Wednesday, October 29, 2014

How to Use Your Scraps to Make Pie Charts by Brenda Cazes

Brenda Cazes is featuring our October Main Kit today with step by step instructions for creating pie charts!

--------------------

Hi everyone!  I’m going to show you how to create pie charts like the ones I used on this layout.


Normally, I would have used my Silhouette Cameo to create these, but I thought to myself – not everyone has an electronic die cutting machine – therefore, I made them by hand…so you can too!

I started out by cutting a 3 7/8” circle out of very heavy cardstock.



Next, I cut the circle in half.



Then, using a ruler, I drew lines dividing the two halves into five sections.  You can make them any size you like.



Cut them apart and number them so that you know how they will fit perfectly back together.



Place your pie chart patterns over your paper and carefully cut them out.




Cut out another circle to use as the background for your pie chart.  This circle should be 4 1/8”.



Glue your pie shapes to the background circle being sure to put them in the correct order so that everything lines up.



I created two different pie charts, although you could use the same template for both and just rotate them so they aren’t perfectly aligned.



Now, you could just leave them as is, but I decided to use my sewing machine to do a zig-zag stitch between each section and then a straight stitch around the entire circle.




Pie charts are such a fun way to use up all those scraps that we just don’t want to throw away!

--------------------

You can see more of Brenda's beautiful work in our Design Team Gallery!

Here's the October Main Kit:



We invite you to join us and experience the possibilities that our coordinated monthly kits offer. To purchase a kit, please visit our website, here.

1 comment:

Mycreativescrapbook said...

Love this! Thank you for the great tutorial