Thursday, September 18, 2014

How to Get a 3D Effect on Your Pages by Elizabeth Hellum

Elizabeth Hellum is up today with a tutorial featuring our September Main Kit!

--------------------


Hey there, Elizabeth here and today I want to show you a cool way to get a 3-D affect on your pages when I created this layout for My Creative Scrapbook!

 First off, I wanted to do some blocking so I cut my papers into squares as well as using a Sharpie around them to draw your eye inward. That's a fun lil' side note, but I wanted to show you this:


Cute layout huh? I like it a lot, but I wanted to focus on off the page! As you can see here, I used pop dots to make the photo and its frame pop off the page:


I am really in to poppin' stuff off of my pages, see here:


and here:


and here:
But I have to admit it's not rocket science. Really nothing I do is, but it doesn't have to be! It just has to be what I like and how I like it and that's all that matters. So I use these little handy things:


And I wanted my layout to look like the photo and background papers holding the photo up were like on an easel. So I only placed the pop dots in the upper left & right hand corners of the papers. This way it looks like a cookbook on a stand! I know right, cute huh? I think so and of course its super easy, which is what I am all about!!


Pop dots are amazing because like I said, they allow texture to your pages and makes it pop of the page!

--------------------

You can see more of Elizabeth's beautiful work in our Design Team Gallery!

Here's the September Main Kit:

We invite you to join us and experience the possibilities that our coordinated monthly kits offer. To purchase a kit, please visit our website, here.