Saturday, August 30, 2014

How to Make an Embellishment Featuring Ribbon by Guest Designer Brenda Cazes

Guest Designer Brenda Cazes is sharing a fun embellishment tutorial featuring our August Creative Kit!

--------------------

Hi everyone!  I wanted to share with you a simple tutorial on how I created the sun for this layout.


Even though I love ribbon (I have a TON of it in my stash!), I'll admit that I almost never use it on my layouts.  Other than tying it into a bow, I never know what to do with it.  So I challenged myself to come up with a creative way to use it. 

First, I gathered all the supplies needed to make it – stapler, foam dots, 1¼” circle (cut with a punch), ribbon, and the lemon die cut found in the kit.


Then, I cut the ribbon into six 1½” lengths and notched out one end on each piece.  Using the stapler, start attaching the ribbon to the 1¼” circle.


Keep attaching the ribbon until you’ve gone all the way around your circle.



Once that’s done, adhere the foam dots to the back of the lemon die cut.


Remove backing on the foam dots and centre over the ribbon circle and voila - a cute embellishment for any summer layout!


--------------------

You can see more of Brenda's beautiful work in our Design Team Gallery!

Here's the August Creative Kit:


We invite you to join us and experience the possibilities that our coordinated monthly kits offer. To purchase a kit, please visit our website, here.